Question

Medical Qusetions
Doc, I would like to know what causes heart attacks and at what age are people most like likely to have them. Can a young person who looks healthy just have a heart attack and what could be the cause of all of this. What are the symptoms and signs that a person has a heart attack.

Zoshu, anything that causes the blood flow to the heart muscle to be disrupted, can cause a heart attack. It is usually caused by thickening of the arteries due to atherosclerosis, but there are other causes as well. The most common symptom is severe chest pain that doesn’t go away. You’re welcome to ask more specific questions, just remember to post them as new questions otherwise I will miss them. Good luck.