Question

22 Apr 2006

Medication
Please advise, I ingest a variety of prescription drugs on a daily basis, I would like to enquire at what times, as well as whether with or without food, I need to consume them; as what my general practitioner and the pharmacist says differs significantly:
Cipralex: 10mg
Reductil: 20mg
Rivotril:2 - 4 x 0,5mg
Eglonyl
Biobust (non-prescription)

I am amazed that I seem to have to keep on saying this --- NEVER EVER accept ANY prescription from ANY doctor, without insisting on a full answer to this and similar questions --- HE, who has already been paid for doing so, must tell you how much to take, when, under which circumstances, and everything else that is relevant to the success of the treatment. Similarly, NEVR fill any prescription at the pharmacy without asking the same questions, and having it all explained to you --- again, the pharmacist gets paid for doing this, and ought to offer this information. I don't understand why someone would be on the particular combination of meds you describe, so I have no idea what your prescribing doc is thinking of, and thus when he would expect you to take what --- you really do need to call him and ask HIM to explain exactly the answers to the very sensible question you have asked me.