Question

23 Apr 2006

MEDICATION
I'm a 42 year old woman. I suffer from Anxiety Disorder and Agoraphobia. After many trials and errors I've finally found a medication which is really helping me - I am so thankful! I am on Paxil. Since taking the meds, I find it difficult to reach orgasm. Is this normal on these meds, and if it is, is there anything I can do? It takes ages, and I then "give up" trying! My husband is very understanding but I am fed-up. I want my sex life back please! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dear Jen
Try to spend a bit more time anticipating - go and take a luxurious bath before the time and spend time preparing. You could also use a stimulation cream like Aphrodite before the time. If this does not help, ask your doctor if you can't use Aurorix, which has less sexual suppressing side effects.