Question

medication for fungal infection under toenail
There is a fungal infection under my big toenail. I have been on a bacterial antibiotic orally. It clears up and then reappears. I have heard of an ointment or solution which one can paint onto the nail and this has cleared up in a case I have come to hear of but do not know what the name of the medication is - also I do not want to have my toenail removed as my GP has suggested. Any input from your side please.

Winnie, the nail paint is called Loceryl® (fairly expensive) and if that doesn’t work, you can try taking anti-fungal tablets for 6-9 months (very expensive). There is no need to have your toenail removed before you’ve tried the above. Good luck.