Question

Medication to reduce need for alcohol
Dear Cyberdoc
Is there any vitamin/food or anything freely available to "feed" my boyfriend so he does not feel "hungry" for a drink? I am desperate! He weighs about 90kg's, As soon as he had one, he want more. I think (know) he is an alcoholic, (isn't most SA boys?!) I really hate it, but maybe if I can reduce his want for drink I can live with it.
Thank you!

Leah, when it comes to alcoholism it’s an all or nothing situation. If he really is an alcoholic he should not drink at all. Unfortunately there is nothing that I know of that you can use to lessen his thirst for alcohol. Good luck.
PS I wrote something on alcoholism a while ago and if you’re interested in a copy, you can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za.