Question

Medicine
Hi there

I am drinking Tetralysal for my skin. The pharmacist suggested that I spupplement with Zinplex. The directions state that Zinc supplements reduce the absorption of tetracycline. Can I still take it if I drink it about 2 hours after the teralysal or should I rather not drink it.

Pharmacist
pharmacist

Yes, concomitant intake of a tetracycline and zinc may decrease the absorption of both the tetracycline and zinc and it is recommended that you take zinc at least 2 hours after ingesting doxycycline. The same with calcium, iron, magnesium and multivitamins with minerals. Zinplex is a good product and it may make a difference.