Question

Medicine interaction
i am on warfarin for more than 10 years and my GP has recommended depramil for low blood pressure,what is the influence of depramil on my INR (PI)
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Hi Mesu

Although data are limited, SSRIs (such as depramil) may result in a small increase in prothrombin time (althought is is felt to be clinically unimportant.

Although interactions may be unlikely
serotonergic agents may (small chance) increase the risk of bleeding when combined with warfarin or other anticoagulants; however, the absolute risk is not known.

It is therefor suggested that clinicians monitor the INR and patient’s clinical status closely if a SSRI is added to or deleted from the regimen of a patient stabilized on warfarin.