Ask an expert

27 Mar 2003

medicine that make you sick when consuming alcohol
What type of medicine is there that will make you sick when you drink alcohol, I think it was something like "adco-Metrondina" (or hetrondina or Netrondina){not sure about the spelling}. How good are these types and what are the other side effects and why do some people get it in subscriptions when they don't have a drinking problem?
Or perhaps you have a webpage I can go to to get some answers

Thank you
Answer 726 views

01 Jan 0001

John, I think you’re referring to Adco-Metronidazole. It’s an antibiotic that may cause problems when taken with alcohol. What exactly is it that you want to know and why? Let me know and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18678 votes