Question

Meeting People
Hi. I would like to hear any ideas anyone may have about meeting other gay people if you are not ready to come out. I am still in school and I don't think it would be the best idea to come out now although I am totally okay with myself. I find myself hanging out with only straight (Or those I assume to be straight) people. I need to know how to meet other guys like me. Not necesscarily for dating but just to be friends. Someone who I could actually have a meaningful conversation with and not have to pretend to think the girl at school is hot when I am actually looking at her boyfriend.

Any ideas?

Thanx! :-)
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Just Wondering and thanks for posting here.

Address the issue of your coming out before you try to meet other gay people - why would gay people want to meet you when you're pretending to be straight? You don't need to come out to the entire world in one 'big bang' - surely you can come out to at least one friend?

There are gay venues in many cities and some towns in South Africa. Call the Gay & Lesbian Helpline on (021) 4 222 500 any day between 1pm and 9 pm and ask the counsellor on duty for a venue near you.