Question

MEMORY LOSS
Please help me. My mom is seeing a pschycologist who is helping her with memory loss. She was diagnosed with Kohl/Koll memory loss, or something sounding like that. I also need some info on this.

I can't readily think of what this odd term might be. Could he have been talking of difficulty in RECALL, that is, in remembering ? But that wouldn't be a diagnosis, just another description of the complaint she arrived with. Mos significant causes of memory loss are organic / physical, and would be best dealt with by a neurologist or at least a psychiatrist ; a psychologist would rarely be my first thought in TREATING memory loss, though they can do some tests that clarify what type of memoruy loss it is, and how severe it is. I think you and your mom needs to ask the psychologist to explain more clearly ( that was his job, anyway ) and perhaps jot it down in writing for you.