Ask an expert

23 Feb 2009

Please help me. My mom is seeing a pschycologist who is helping her with memory loss. She was diagnosed with Kohl/Koll memory loss, or something sounding like that. I also need some info on this.
Answer 386 views

01 Jan 0001

I can't readily think of what this odd term might be. Could he have been talking of difficulty in RECALL, that is, in remembering ? But that wouldn't be a diagnosis, just another description of the complaint she arrived with. Mos significant causes of memory loss are organic / physical, and would be best dealt with by a neurologist or at least a psychiatrist ; a psychologist would rarely be my first thought in TREATING memory loss, though they can do some tests that clarify what type of memoruy loss it is, and how severe it is. I think you and your mom needs to ask the psychologist to explain more clearly ( that was his job, anyway ) and perhaps jot it down in writing for you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18661 votes