Question

men and a midlife crisis
hi
my husband is a hard worker... he has always been responsible. we are like any other couple... we fight we make amends..etc
we have 2 small children
i dont know if age has anything to do with it... he is turning 40 next year...
he wants to hang out with the guys... he is lying to me about his whereabouts... he wants to come and go as he wants to ..doesnt want to " report in"  if he is late.. if he is with his pals and drinks too much..he wants to sleep over and not feel that he has to go home
i told me he want to meet other people...male or female... he wants get involved in new things that do not include me or the kids

basically if i dont allow it he has threated divorce....
what can i do.... how can i help him thru it... i have thought maybe he is having an affair... and suddenly this has been brought on..
i am very confused

He is indeed a bit oldm to start adolescence. Personal counselling for him, and perhaps marriage counselling for both of you, might be wise