Question

menopause
I am 54 yrs old. I have not had a period of about 2 yrs. I now presume that I am menopausal. Prior to my periods stopping, I did experience the usual mood swings, depression etc. For the past 2 yrs, I have had no symptoms at all. I do not suffer from hot flushes. Other friends all seem to be on hormone replacements, and now I am wondering whether this is the norm, or am I just fortunate. I am due to visit my gynae in March.

There are various reasons for taking HRT. Symptoms are one reason. The others are that it protects against osteoporosis and colon cancer. Discuss this with your gynaecologist.