Ask an expert

09 Jun 2011

Hi Doc, ai I have such a long story, but let me try and keep it short. I turned 51 last week, and seems to be going into menopause. I also suffer with my thyroid the past 18 years, but it was under control until last July when I had the Mirena removed and went on the pill. Ever since the specialist is battling to get the TSH down.
Do you think I should see my gyne to discuss the menopause and night sweats and perhaps start some hormone replacement? Or should I stick to the endocrinologist?
Thanks for your help
Answer 390 views

01 Jan 0001

AT the age of 51, you should definitely see a gynaecologist to discuss menopause.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9266 votes
66% - 17853 votes