Question

Menopause / HRT and what else
Hi Gynaedoc

I have menopause just turned 44, or peri-menopause. I had the blood tests done by my own gynae. I was very irritable for about 2 years before so I think maybe I am quite a way into it.

I am a very bad Asthmatic and have been on various forms of cortisone since I was about 2. They tell me that cortisone can bring on early onset menopause. Is this true?

I took to Angeliq like a duck to water and everything has imrpoved but I am still terribly at times. I was told that there are specific anti-depressants/drugs that you can be given in addition to HRT to help. Is this true and what?

I have never been pregant and I am told this also factors in as to why I am one of those that it is not easy for. My grandmother went through a nightmare of menopause. I am like a clone of her and now it seems with meno too.

I was even thinking about having a total hysterectomy but would sort it out in the main or not really? Sorry more than 1 question but please could you answer each one. I want to be educated before I go back to the gynae.

Cortisone does not bring on early menopause.
You can use Fluoxetine or Cipralex if you need to.
Whether you have been pregnant or not does not affect your menopause.
A hysterectomy would not help. It has nothing to do with hormone changes of the menopause.