Ask an expert

02 Jan 2008

hi, im getting married in a months time & my period is actually due around that time, so i wanted to to know if there is a pill that i can take to stop my periods or prolong it for about a week or two & also what are the side effects of it. i am not taking any contraceptives at the moment.
please reply as soon as you can i would really appreciate it.
Answer 527 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Sandy
Yes you can use Primolut N - ask your doctor for a prescription. You need to take it before your menstruation starts and keep on taking it for a week, when you stop it, you will start menstruating.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9328 votes
67% - 18818 votes