Question

metabolism
I am diabetic, have had cancer twice - one of them thyroid cancer, I am on eltroxin for this. I suffer from Metabolic Syndrome, my metabolism does not work, therefore I can' t loose weight. Is there anyone that can tell me how I can get my metabolism going ans some information, I would really appreciate it

Thank you
Lee

Dear Lee
How distressing for you that you have had to struggle with cancer twice and also have diabetes. With all these severe medical problems it is vital that you should be under the care of a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), who will assist you with a diet that helps you lose weight, controls your diabetes and is also rich in protective nutrients to help you prevent any relapses of the cancer. The best stimulant for the human metabolism is aerobic exercise (walking, jogging, skipping, rowing, swimming, cycling, aerobics, etc). I don't know if you are able to do one of these exercises, but if you can for example go for a walk once a day for about 30 min this would immediately stimulate your metabolism and help with the weightloss.
Hope you can do an activity