Ask an expert

08 Jun 2011

I have just observed growth of pubic hair. I also know that these are to be removed for your bf/husband to enjoy sex. i wanted to remove them myself as I was shy going to beautician or take others help. In the process i bruised my atea and it bleed. It is now itching at lot. Pl help how this is to be done to avoid injury as i use a razor.
Answer 413 views

01 Jan 0001

It is not necessary for pubic hair to be removed in order for your boyfriend/husband to enjoy sex. This is a message often given out in the media that women must remove body hair in order to look sexy or appealing. I would advice to you would be to be as you feel comfortable. You may want to ask your partner what he/she prefers and if it is some thing that you feel comfortable doing, ie perhaps to remove some hair, then do so. Any removal of hair should be done in an appropriate way, and there are many options from shaving, waxing, lazer treatments. Some can be attempted at home, others require a professional's help. When hair regrows it may cause itchiness.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.