Question

Microwave cooking
Someone mentioned to me the other day that the jury is still out on the health risks of eating food cooked or heated up in a microwave oven. Do you/we know that to be a fact ? Or is it categorically risk free ?

Dear Paul
I have certainly heard about the many urban legends that circulate about microwaves in general. I don't think that heating or cooking food in glass or microwave dishes will cause any problems. There may be some credence to the theory that using cling wrap may result in the release of hydrocarbons that may or may not be harmful. The jury is still out on that one.