Ask an expert

21 Nov 2005

Middle back and neck pain
Hi Doc

I'm hoping you can be of assistance, my hubby is suffering from terrible middle back and neck pain for the last week.

I noticed while i was rubbing voltarin gel on his back that his right muscle in the middle of his back is swolen slightly, is this a cause for concern, should i take him to see a doctor or is their some sort of home remedy i can try.

Any help you have would be rather appreciated.
Answer 364 views

01 Jan 0001

This sounds like a muscle spasm. The cause can be variable and an examination would be necessary to determine the causal factor. A chiropractor or even a physiotherapist would be a good route to follow.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18747 votes