Question

Midlife Crisis Husband
Dear Cybershrink
My husband is having a midlife crises and admits to it too. He has been out partying all night long. One night after the other. I do not think he has a girlfriend as yet but he is drinking and maybe even indulging in some recreational drugs. He plans to go for one drink after work but then ends up going to different, trendy parties etc.
He has admitted that there is a problem and also to go and speak with a therapist. He does not really have a family doctor so I do not know where to start. Do you have any advise where to send him to and how I should be behaving. Supporting or more treatening. So far, I have been more then understanding but I fear that I become a walk-over. Thanks for your advise.

Pathetic, isn't it ? And he probably doesn't realize that the folks he meets at those "trendy parties" most likely think that of him. But jump a the opportunity that he has admitted that there is a problem and is open to getting help. Try calling FAMSA who could recommend a counsellor he could see, in your area. You should support his agreement to therapy, and his good behaviour, while calmly and firmly rejecting his bad behaviour.