Question

Migraine &amp  ovulation
Since going off the pill I have found the ovulation time of the month is very painful in the pelvis area as well as the back and also I have been getting migraines now, with vision disturbances (moving coloured lights which take over my vision, then go away, followed by a bad headache). I have been waking up in the morning with this vision disturbance and headache so bad i just feel like lying down. I dont know if this is co-incidence that it is during ovulation time ot if it something else. Do i need to go back onto the pill. Please explain what causes pains during ovulation, why is it sore?

Dear B
Firstly migraine is often linked to hormonal changes in the body and can be worse during certain times in the cycle.
Ovulation is sometimes painful as the egg leaves the surface of the ovarium which can cause slight bleeding that may irritate the inside of the abdomen. This is called Mittelschmerz ( literally German for "pain in the middle of the cycle") You can take something like Mypaid for this if you are not allergic to any ingredients.