Question

06 Oct 2009

Milk to gain weight...true or untrue?

After reading a few articles I know that milk can undoubtedly make someone gain weight, which is my ultimate goal. But I remember reading somewhere that the best milk to take is Fresh Full cream pasteurized milk. The author made a distinction between pasteurized
and homogenized pasteurized milk and said that one should avoid homogenized pasteurized milk because all the nutrients were " killed"  due to the intensive heat the milk went through and thus intake of this milk will not have effect on weight gain. Is this true?
Sports Nutrition
Sports Nutrition

Hi Gainer

Excess calories will make you put on weight and that means proteins, carbs, and fats – not micro nutrients that might have been destroyed in the sterilizing process. Thus drinking milk is a great idea to increase your weight, however I suggest you rather use skimmed or low fat and not full cream – you want to increase your calories, but not necessary your fats, unless it is good fats, and all animal origin products contain saturated (poor) fats.

Take care.
Vanessa