Question

MINIATURE DOBERMANN PINCHER HAIR LOSS PROBLEM
I HAVE A MINIATURE DOBERMANN PINCHER AND A JACK RUSSELL. THEY SLEEP INSIDE OUR HOUSE . MY PROBLEM IS THEIR HAIR LOSS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!! IT IS ALL OVER FROM THE CARPET TO THE COUCHES AND BED. THEY EAT PEDIGREE PELLETS AND SOMETIMES SOME BONES FROM THE TABLE. HOW CAN I ELIMINATE THIS PROBLEM????
cybervet

Unfortunately both breeds are very prone to hair loss and this is normal for both these breeds. Typically, although there is loss of large numbers of hair, the dogs will not show any sign of baldness. The best way to try and prevent this is with a good quality diet, additional omega three fatty acids (Marine oil capsules or flax seed oil) to the diet and regular daily brushing to remove loose hair.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town