Question

mirena
I'm a 21 year old female. I had the mirena inserted about 2 months ago (to be exact on the 15th of September) My Gyno said it's not neccesary for me to go for a check up unles something bothers me because the insertion went without any trouble. Lately I've experience a sort of piercing pain, it's not unbearable and quickly goes away but I'm just scared it means something. (I also sometimes experience a cramping pain sort of like menstruating cramps after I had sex and sex is sometimes painful)

What symptoms will I have if there's an infection or other problems? Should I rather go and see my gyno again? She did a papsmeer and it was normal but my breasts weren't checked and I'm nervous about this as well. I recently found out my aunt had ovarian and breast cancer (I always thought we didn't have it in our family at all) How does this change my risk for getting these diseases?

I think that covers all my questions, thank you for your help.

Dear Shy
It is always good to have your breasts checked when you go for your yearly papsmear - although you may only need sonar/mammograms from 40 years of age or if you pick up something in the breasts. Usually the genetic tendency for breastcancer is if your mother, sister or grandmother had cancer.
I think you should let your Gyne check the mirena - it should not cause any pain - you may have a slight infection or irritation.