Question

MIRENA DEVICE
Hi Im 35yrs old had mirena fitted in beginning of Dec 07. Insertion was very painful and the pain lasted a week. then subsided. Got period on 31 Dec 07 and has not stopped since Saturday 26.01.08. Dr prescribed Othoest to balance my hormones and then last week gave in an antibiotic. I have terrible bloatedness, tender breasts. Does this happen everytime I get a period. Shouldn't the mirena device help reduce the flow. I have already being sterlised 2 years now and have had very heavy bleeding and painful cramps and the dr suggested the mirena.

Don't know what to do. I feel like removing it. But what would be my next option for the heavy and clotting bleeding and cramps.

Should I consider a hysterectomy.

Yas

It takes several months for the Mirena to have an effect. I would suggest that you be patient and wait a bit longer.