Ask an expert

24 Jan 2013

mirena problem
i have been using a mirena for 3yrs now, of late, i have had a viginal dischage with an ardor that is very bad, at times even sligtly taited with blood, i have a permanent pain or discomfort on my lower abdoman, i have been given untibiotics but it always comes back, my phamasist insist its the mirena and it wont go away, i curretly use gyna -gard to control the ordor but i feel i need to see a doctor or have it removed, please advice
Answer 290 views

01 Jan 0001

You do need to see a doctor. It doesn't sound like a Mirena problem.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18773 votes