Question

Mirena without having had children?
I was on about 5 different pills, however all of them game me severe migraines about 4 times a week, i was refered by my house doc to amy gynae who advised that i should come off my pill for a while and see if my miagraines improve before he does anything. I have been off the pill for over six months and only get a migraine maybe once a month. I have spoke to my medical aid about the mirena device and have suggested it to me, however i have read on the information received from them, that it is ideally for ladies that have already had a child. I have not had children, however that i why i want it, is there an exception to the rule?

You can have the Mirena inserted. It may be a bit more painful to insert and you may need an anaesthetic.