Question

Miscarriage
This Is my story:

I have last seen my periods on the 22nd of June 2010. The whole of July I did not see my periods, just towards the end of July I did a preg test which came back clearly positive. The 30th of July repeated the test which came back positive again. On the 2nd of August I started bleeding, not heavy and running but very slowly. I rushed to the Doc and she gave me Millerspas and Betamox with a week of bed rest, when she ran a scan there was nothing on my womb according to her. The bleeding continued till the 5th of August. Four days later I went to the clinic for check up and HCG blood test came back negative. The nurse said I might have had a missed abortion and did not give me anything coz my Doc gave me Betamox lately and they are antibiotics. My concern now is do I still need a D& C or is everything well? how long can I wait to start TTC? Can there be a possibility of an infection? What can I do Doc?

If the uterus appears empty on scan and the HCG is negative then you have probably had a complete miscarriage. You should not need a D&C if the bleeding has stopped.The usual advice is to wait 3 months after a miscarriage before trying again