Ask an expert

17 Mar 2003

mom needs coping skills. daughter, eight years, has add
My daughter, eight years old, (just diagnozed with add/adhd) benefits from Risperdal, she is less restless. I don't want to use Ritalin but apparently the medication she takes now won't improve her main problem, attention deficit. I'm searching for a product containing phosphatidyl serine, which according to american clinical studies, improves cognition. Do you know any local product containing it? The american product is too expensive to order. How can I improve my parenting skills to cope with her behaviour?
Answer 357 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear aais,
I don't work specifically with ADD, and haven't come across a local product containing phosphatidyl serine. Maybe some of our other readers, some of who have been dealing with ADD in the family, may know of some. Also, try some local support groups for information, advice, and support. You don't mention where you are based, geographically. I understand there is am ADD & Hyperactive Support Group of Southern Africa, reachable on 012-662-2294, fax 012-662-1556, and there seem to be local branches in several other provinces ; and a website, to explore
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18720 votes