Question

money
This may sound daft to some of you, but I owe my ex money and I need to get it to him. I just feel that it is his money and I dont want him to turn around one day and get ugly and say that I owe it to him. I asked him for his bank account details already and no response. What should I do?

It depends on what sort of ex he is. For instance, if there was a formal divorce, he would have a lawyer who represented him, and to whom you could offer the money in writing, and with whom you could leave it.
You could write him a registered letter, saying that you feel you owe him some money, amounting to X rands, and want to repay it as soon as possible, asking him to provide his bank account number or other instructions for sending such money to him safely and securely. One might add, formeally, that in the event that he chooses not to reply helpfully to this letter within 14 days, you will assume that he is permanently giving up all claim to this money, and you will instead make a donation to charity, as you please.