Question

Money matters
my husband and i have been together for 10years and the last 10 years we have been fighting about money matters . he makes me draw up a budget every week of what we spent for teh week (which is good) and mail it to him then we each have our own accounts and own income but as soon as I spend anything i have to phone him first tell him how much and what it is for and I hate it . i would like to know what works for other couples with their moneys how do they work and what would you suggest

Excellent responses from other readers. YOu need to negotiate amicably together a method for dealing with family and individual finances, taking into account your earnings and shared debts and expenses. Budgeting is a good thing which he shouldn't MAKE you do, and which you should best work on together. Its nonsense for you to check with him before buying a cup of coffee from your own earnings, but you should BOTH check with each other and discuss any substantial expenditure either of you make.
It sounds as though he is assuming you to be irresponsible with money and to be treating you in a patronizing way, so maybe some marriage counselling to sort out these issues would be useful all round