Ask an expert

29 Nov 2005

Mood swings
I was in an accident a few months ago and sustained minor head injuries according to the doctors. Since then have been getting terrrible mood swings. I lose my temper for small things and then turn it jinto a big thing and eventually hurt the people who love me.
What could be wrong?
Answer 381 views

01 Jan 0001

You need to see a good local psychiatrist for a proper and full assessment, and then, based on the results of that, consider treatmen options. We can ( I'm experiencing it, too ) suffer consideable problems following even fairly minor head injuries, including increased irritability and anger --- and maybe even other mood swings ( on the happy / sad axis ) It can be helped
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18756 votes