Question

MOOD SWINGS
Hi, My husband is lately having terrible mood swings (outbursts), for no reason. He does have about 2 or 3 double brandy' s per night, but has always been happy go lucky and full of fun. These days, he has outbursts for no reason, with friends that he has known and cares about. I have read previously, that diabetis and alcohol can have an effect like this?? He is overweight, has high blood pressure, gout &  cholesterol (which are all under control with tablets). Diabetis has not been tested. What could cause these outbursts?

Dear Labgirl
It could be a sign of underlying anxiety or depression. Do you think that he is under a lot of stress at the moment? If he is willing you can let him do this questionnaire to see whether there is a problem?
http://www.drhansdreyer.com/questionnaires/index.php