Question

Mood swings during menstrual cycle?
My menstrual cycle is exactly 28 days long and I've always been as regular as clockwork. I have two kids, aged 5 and 1, and it seems to me as if my PMS is just getting worse and worse - to the extent that I want to know what's happening when before I plan our upcoming wedding anniversary breakaway in September! Can you explain, briefly, when (typically) one's emotions go up .. and when they go down .. during this 28-day cycle? I don't want to choose our romantic breakway slap bang in the middle of my most grumpy time - and haven't been taking close enough notice to know when to expect what!

Unfortunately every woman is different, so you will have to monitor your own cyclical changes. Most women have mood changes in the week before the period though.