Question

Mood swings - pregnancy
I''m currently 15 weeks 6 days pregnant. I was diagnosed by professionals 3 years ago as Bipolar. I''m medication free for the past 2 years though (I stopped taking them) and I haven''t felt depresssed or manic in the past 2 years.
But, now, with this pregnancy I have extreme mood swings! Crying the one minute and then laughing the next. Feeling down and on top of the world within minutes.
My husband''s suffering though as I tend to take out my frustration on him
I suffer from Hyperemesis Gravidarum and it''s really bad. Constant vomiting and having to lay down and just feeling real sick.
Are there any meds that won''t harm the baby in any way but will be able to help with the mood swings? Or is this just because of the HG?
Thanks for your time.

Mood swings can occur in pregnancy ( within limits of severity ) in any woman, as the hormonal changes of pregnancy are not helpful to mood stability. But this can be more troublesome if one is Bipolar and already have difficulties with mood stability. What you're describing, with changes within minutes, is less like typical bipolar disorder than the lability of ordinary pregnancy. The hyperemesis is horriblwe to experience, and of course the fall-out on your husband can be unpleasant.
Assessing the exact nature of the mood swings, assessing what risk if any the mood swings may pose, and what medication, if any, might help and on the whole be safer for the child, is a complex issue and one for which there is no pat or sock answer. What you need is a detailed in-person assessment from a good local psychiatrist, who could then answer your wise and pettinent questions more usefully.