Question

More than one child
Hi. My son is 4 years old. I would like to have a second child, but my wife does not want to. People have advised that one is lonely. Are there any disadvantages, psychologically for my son, if he does not have any siblings?

Dear Sam
It will be better to talk to a child psychologist but there are positives and negatives for an only child.
Your child will probably have more personal attention and may be more "advantaged" in terms of opportunities. On the other hand they may be lonely and grow up in an adult's world.
See this article: http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetails.aspx?p=114&np=99&id=1926