Question

Mother in laws - can't live with or without them......
Hi all

I'm chosing to be very careful how I post this question because I don't want to offend anyone who might come across it.

Basically I wrote in the other day saying that my mom in law has allowed my fiances ex to move in with her. Im over that all now, but what really bothers me is the fact that I know my mom in law will never really love me for me, sometimes I feel she just tolerates me or is falsely friendly to humour me because I'm marrying her son.

On Monday morning I was at her house (the ex was away on holiday) and my fiance and I were looking at the decorations on her Christmas tree. I saw a gift to the ex (2 actually) saying "To my precious special (name) and then I saw one to another friend of his moms - who she apparently can't stand - her gift said "To my dearest special (name) One was to my fiance "To my dearest special (nick name) and then there was my gift.
"Dear (name)"

I was so hurt, my fiance couldn't understand it, he tells me to just shrug it off, to not let it get to me. All I want is her acceptance, to be thought of fondly by her, to be thought of as a friend, to joke around with me, I mean I'm a nice person, my friends love me.
I'm not ugly or nasty or boastful. Apparently she grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, and although she always says "You're very good for my son" I feel that thats about it.

Its hard to detached, my mom understands how I could feel hurt, I do so much to try and prove myself. Foot massages, cards, gifts, suppers, phonecalls just to say hi, yet I don't think I'll ever be looked at as someone she'll love.

~Wings~

Hello ~QWings~
sigh
Well, at least you now know how to address her present label ! But maybe mark hers "TO my very dearest and most special and unique ****" and see if she still remembers how to blush ?