Question

Movicol
Hi me again...
Pharmacist recommended 1-3 x movicol sachets daily to get my system regularised again.
Do you know of this product? How long does it take to work? Can it be " over-effective"  like dulcolax? I want something that will help me pass stool normally and keep it there and not go to the other extreme of diarrea which dulcolax does to me every time and gives me the most awful cramps that I end up puking cos its so bad.
How long should one take a course of movicol?

Dear Not Again
Please see my 1st reply to you today. Only a physician and a registered dietitian will be able to sort out your digestive problems because they may need to do certain tests to determine what is causing your nausea and constipation. I am recommending this because you may well be suffering from a serious underlying condition that requires treatment and that oculd be deteriorating while you wait.
Take great care