Question

muscle deteriaration
My question is quite simple but is bothering me. I go to gym quite regularly but I hear that if you stop going for a while your muscles will degenerate and u will be actually weeker than u were before you started going to gym. My question is, How long does it take approx for muscle degeneration to occur??

Hi John

Your muscles will not become weaker than before, they will just return to how they were before you started training. After about a two-week break from gym, the lack of stimulation of the muscles, might result in them starting to atrophy to pre-training strength. However, the process is not sudden, but occurs gradually.

The take-home message? Keep training! - but at a sustainable level!