Question

Must I or Not????
Hi All

I'ts been three weeks now since me and my girlfriend of six years broke up....Im starting to deal with it...starting to accept it as a way of life...& Im beginning to realise that no matter what Life Goes On.

We have a 4 yr old son and its his mothers(my ex's) birthday on Friday.We r not on speaking terms as I feel that seeing that she broke up with me, & since she is ignoring me...Im not under any obligation to buy her anything for her b-day...although I still love her soo much.
But something in me is saying that I should buy her something on behalf of our son
Does any of u think it would be right for me to do so...seeing that I don't owe her anything...but Im sure she expect something that I will get for her and say it's from my son.She was so cruel to me and I still have the desire to get her something on behalf of our son

Would it be wise to do so???

You're surely under no obligation to buy her anything for her birthday, but having no obligation doesn't mean you can't do so. If you make it clear that the gesture is on behalf of your son, and an appreciation of her mothering him well, would that cause a problem ?