Question

my 2 and a half year old
Hi my child is 2 and a half and she was from small baby a very very clever baby... started talking at 6 months... she could sing a couple of songs by the time she was 1 and things she did and said and puzzles she could build by then and so on.... now my question .... at about 18 months she started turning... she was always a happy child but now she she is unhappy 80% of the time... she yells and screems most of the times and doesn' t take what i say to her in as she should... i know they ignore us sometimes but she really seems to not take it in but ok what i want to ask is some people tel me this could lean to autism and other say it' s because she is so clever and needs to be stimulated properly... i try to stimulate her but she doesn' t want to most of the times and rebels against it... she also does not do well on positive reinforstment... she treats it the same as if you would say nothing at all. e.g .... potty training... when i praise her and clap hands and jump up and down and be happy she just looks at me and then asks if she can have her sticker now.... so the end result is that it' s not going well with potty training because now she don' t want rewards for it anymore and me being all sweet and cute about it is defenatly not working....

Where should i go for help.... is this ok for her to be this way...who can tell me if she is just clever or if she has a problem?

Have you tried the Parenting forum as well ? It could be a sign of one of several other disorders which would best be identified and treated early, or a clever and bored child. A child psychologist could help to assess her ( intelligence as well as other potential disorders ) and with a firmer diagnosis, advise more practically on how to handle her. Your description of the potty training made me smile --- for one so young to sound so patronizing is remakable !