Question

My Big Fat Lie - Feedback
Dear Friends and Foes(?)

Well - CS told me like it is, he did - EISH!

Anyway - believe it or not - I printed out the whole of yesterdays postings about my issue and gave it to my hubby to read.
He believes that I did not steal - but I spent recklessly as he knows me to do from time to time (and we have established that it is linked to my lows). ITs like the money was there and I just kept going back to it - a few notes at a time.

I established, though, that I spent it on basic stuff - lots of groceries, including nappies, Nido, wet wipes (A R300 bill alone!).
Got my Ci-Lift (not covered by MA) and Lamictin(levy!). His rugby tour came up kinda suddenly and we had not done the major shopping - something he did not even consider.
He said he would have really understood that I had no option if I had just told him as soon as he got back. Why the 3 weeks???

The only blatantly reckless spending was R300 on lingerie but because I felt I needed to inject mo fire into our marriage. And then it all added up +++

THe lying part really is the issue.
I vowed and swore on life and death and everything sacred that this would never happen again.

Its actually quite an eye-opener to see what happens when you push the envelope. Sooner or later you get this huge knee jerk reaction (or a lightening bolt up the ass as a good friend of mine says).

I told mom that I borrowed the money and WILL replace it - and she did not even bat an eyelid - seemed to be no big deal to her ifI was gonna replace it.

Damn if I will ever disrrespect my hubby, mom or money ever again. And I love my husband more dearly than ever for understanding and forgiving...

Anyway guys - the storm has sort of abated and solutions were found all round. I have learnt my lesson in life and like everything else it is a learning curve.

Hi Dee,
Sounds like you're reviewing the events usefully. Nobody wanted to be unkind to you, but it is important to you not to minimize what happened, or to explain it awway rather than to confront it. If you know that you may do this sort of thing during your lows ( saying "this sort of thing can happen during lows" makes it sound like a thunderstorm, rather than something you actually do and are not forced to do ) --- then take precautions, and avoid having acces to much money at those times.
Good to hear that on analysis, you may have bought more than was needed tthen, but not much waste. As long as one makes new mistakes in life, and learns new lessons, rather than always repeating the old ones, that's progress !