Question

My child is very anxious about school
How can i assist my child to feel more confident and less anxious about school. He is already on Tofranil for his anxiety.

Although medications can help some kids with their problems, it would NEVER be my first choice for anxiety. I would be cautious about letting a GP use such drugs in treating my child, without a prior asessment and advice from a suitable specialist. Tofranil, in kids, is more useful in helping with bed-wetting. If he is severely anxious about going to school, it's likely that a few sessions with a child psychiatrist or psychologist could clear it up. Someone needs to talk with the child ( you don't mention the age ) and understand WHY the child is anxious about school, and help them to conquer that fear ( which should also stand them in good stead to handle later fears encountered in life, as they arise ).