Question

My Domestic worker and cancer

my domestic worker was diagnosed with cancer in the uterus a few months ago, she was off for 6 weeks of which we paid her her full salary. She was back for 2 weeks and they found cancer in one of her kidneys which they also had to remove, she has now been off from work for another 3 weeks and I am not sure when she will be able to return to work. I am still paying her, her full salary. This is getting a bit ruff financial on us as I have to pay someone else to help me temporarily while she is not here.

Is there anything I can do so that I can have some financial relief and I don''t just dump her in to financial dispair. She will beworking a year by the middel of this month.

Thank you
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

RE: DOMESTIC WORKER & CANCER

Your domestic worker has already accessed all her sick leave. Any payment you make to her will be a gift and not a liability. It is suggest that you negotiate with her with regard to a termination package.