Question

My Grandfather.
My mother has been nursing him for the last 3 years as he refuses to go into an old age home. She sees it as her duty because he's her father. Nothing can change this.

He's heart and mind is strong. He's become so week he wets the bed and poo's in the bed. She has to feed him. Every 2 hours at night she must get up for him. The other day I was there I could hardly hold him so she could wash his back I do not know how she does it.

She's taken his pistol away he tried to shoot himself but his fingers are to swollen to go into the opening and he's sleeping tablets away from him. She's exhausted. He refuses to get a maid or a nurse.

He is 85 and she is 62. No hospital will take him because he's not sick he's just week.

Surely there must be something one can do ? Or leave my mother to suffer as she sees it to be her job. She cannot visit any of her children or grandchildren and holidays and chrismas is just spent with him.

Any ideas ?

Its of course not at all reasonable of him to try to forbid her to get help from a maid or nurse. Wat would happen if she went ahead and got at least a maid to help her share the workload ? What if, as Fristy suggests, she got a maid to help her by doing everything else, and still reducing her workload ?