Question

my holiday was a mess
My b/f and I went out for 10 months. I ended it because he was emotionally unavailable. We haven’t had any contact for 2 months and then 3 days before Christmas he went out of his way to bump into me. He was really caring and considerate and I thought maybe we should try again. However, after sleeping with me, he told me he has had 5 flings since our break up and was on his way to stay with another girl over new year. I was shattered. Especially as it was the festive season and everyone was jovial, I was a miserable wreck. However, telling me all this, he still says that he enjoys being with me, waking up with me, he worries about me and feels I need his support. I don’t want anymore contact with him and am going to tell him so. But, I am confused. Why would someone do this after 2 months of no contact and especially since he has had numerous flings since me. I should be long forgotten about. Your advice would be appreciated.

Terribly disappointing, indeed. And what a seedy way for him to behave. If that really was a break-up, of course, he would be entitled to other relationships if he pleased --- but not then to sneak back with you before admitting what he had been doing, after sleeping with you. What sort of "support" does he think he is providing to you in this way ? Sounds like he's just being thoughtless and selfish. He's far too immature to deserve a relationship with someone as good as you