Question

22 Apr 2006

my kitten wont stop miaouing
I adopted a kitten at age +/- 5 wks. She is now about 7 wks. She has had her injections. She does eat well and only Hill's kitten food. No wet food. She has got toys which she plays with. Her toilet looks normal. Problem is: she miaou's ALL the time - nagging sound. Why is she doing this? It really gets very bad. I need to stop that.
Thank you.

Dear Jinx,
I am not a vet but you may have to take her to one to check her out to ensure that she is picking up weight and that she does not have a bladder infection. Normal cats do not cry all the time but she was too small when taken away from her mother and may not yet be ready to be a "pet". She may be missing her mom. I think it will get better with time and you may need to cuddle her for a while and not leave her alone for too long at a time. Also ask the vet if she may not still need some "cats"milk supplements - maybe she is still a bit young to be fully on catfood alone.