Question

my luxuries
Hi CS,

So... its 13 days till christmas ! Can't believe the time has flown... I suppose it's just this time of year getting moody, depressed, down, tired etc.... so getting to my point.. I have my own place with my basset hound as my companion... I don't know I have no problem with her sharing my bed... she is like my"child" if that makes sense but some of my friends and family has told me that I spoil this dog way to much and that I have to remember that it's only a dog.... I know that she is only a dog but still she is mine and why can't or shouldn't she sleep in the house or in the bed with me. To be honest I miss her when I leave her outside and she doesn't come to thouch me when she's drunk some water or when we sleep on the bed to just reach out and pat her body and talk to her if I wake up and can't go back to sleep.... ?? I just feel very sensitive about this issue... I'm just saying that her sleeping in my bed or on the couch in the living room till she gets cold and then snuggling in with me is a comfort for me... why should I give that up ??? I've tried and I last for 2 days sometimes 3 but I don't like it so why should I ??

thanks

Only someone who has never sriousl had a dog in their life, could dismiss him as "only a dog". You don't need to take such criticisms seriously, as they came from "onl a person". I see no reason why you should give up a comfort that both of you enjoy.