Question

My mom wont let me have a life!
Hello
Im 19 years old,almost 20. I have a stable job at a big corporate company,my own car,my own accounts to pay and a social life. Yet my mother refuses to let me move out?! And insists on making my life hell. Can she really keep my cooped up until Im 21? Do I have any rights to move out? Because if this is so Im going to hang myself!! I need to sart living my own life. Please advise!
Teen expert
teen expert

Hi there,

you are legally entitled to move out of home when you are 18, not 21 which it used to be. but it is always preferable to do this with your parents blessing. many people wait because they cant afford to live away from the family home so soon. but if your mother wont listen to you and you are sure you can survive finacially out of the home there is nothing to stop you moving out.