Question

My pregnancy not accepted by collegues
i work for a big organisation for almost 10 yrs now.SInce I told tham that that I was pregnant some not all of my collegues including management are are not happy with it. There are rumours that why did I do it and they will see how I will support this baby. I am married and have a 5 year old, although we do not have millions but we planned this baby. I was probably wrong in telling my superior that my husband struggles to find a well paying job. This is now a laughing matter and the insult. i also notice that If I make a small mistake my superior gets angry and say that since I became pregnant I am sort of stupid/though she does not say it in words-she will say something like " this pregnancy took all your mind/reasoning away"  This makes me upset but I can not say anything. I am due to get my baby next month and I do not want them to give me a suprise babyshower as I know it will be coming from their heart.They will just do it as a matter of mormality,I am thinking of asking them not to do it. why people are so cruel?

They are not required to be happy aboput it, but so far as I understand the law, they are not entitled to discriminate against you. You need good legal advice. I cant understand why ANY of the people at work should be unpleasant about your very reasonable decision to have another child. If you feel they would be insincere, you can calmly and pleasantly tell them you would not like a baby shower, as so many people at work have made unpleasant comments about your pregnancy. Are they all frustrated Old maids who have never themselves had a child ?